Alpine Ski Club
If you are seriously considering starting your family off full time skiing or snowboarding, then you may want to consider joining a private ski club – which there is many to choose from throughout the province. Each with their own unique attributes, it is worth taking your time to visit each one and talk to the membership before joining. With the substantial investment required, many clubs are now offering up trial memberships for a year prior to making your decision to join.
In upcoming blogs I will start to review each club and what they have to offer. We’ll focus specifically on Alpine Ski Club being one of the 4 private clubs up on the Niagara Escarpment.
Since 1960, they have offered Members a truly exceptional winter sports experience.
Members: just under 1000 families
Family membership: $39,500 initiation + taxes and annual dues
Alpine Ski Club offers up a number of introductory programs prior to making the commitment to join full time. Here is a snapshot of the memberships and costs to join:
The Two Year Introductory Membership Program – from $4,500/yr
This special Introductory Membership is the perfect way to learn how rewarding life can be as an
Alpine Member. The first year you’ll get to experience all that Alpine has to offer. By the second year, when you know your way around the Club, Alpine will feel like home.
The Five Year Under-40 Introductory Membership Program – from $4,500/yr
This program offers the ultimate flexibility for young families. It allows the Introductory Member to stay in the program for a maximum of five years or until the 40th birthday of the older of the two spouses. And best of all, whichever Introductory Membership you choose, the deposit portion of your Membership will be applied towards your Full Voting Member Initiation Fee.
Introductory Membership Fee Structure:
Year 1: • $1,000 initiation fee deposit • $3,500 flat rate dues, regardless of family size
Year 2: • $1,500 initiation fee deposit • Applicable dues for each family member
Years 3-5 (for Under 40 Membership): • $2,000 initiation fee deposit • Applicable dues for each
family member. Combined deposits are applied to Full Voting Membership Initiation by joining prior to March 15th of the final year of the Program.
Benefits of Alpine Ski Club:
Alpine takes full advantage of the rugged stretch of the Niagara Escarpment. Each of over 35 trails offers something different, from beginner to challenging expert runs. Alpine’s facilities include:
- Broad terrain diversity across 35 trails, a competition caliber super-pipe, top-to-bottom terrain park to the north and a novice friendly park at the south
- An amazing variety of advanced terrain featuring ’The Steeps’: five of the steepest groomed pitches in Southern Ontario
- One of the most advanced high-speed six-person lifts ever designed, complemented by three quad chairs and a moving sidewalk (Magic Carpet), all providing an uphill capacity of 9,000 skiers and boarders per hour for more hill time and less lift line
- The latest in computer-monitored snowmaking equipment, capable of covering 100% of skiable terrain, even under the most marginal snowmaking conditions• The finest grooming equipment available, ensuring seamless corduroy conditions day after day, maintained by a highly skilled team of professional operators.
- Marked snowshoe trails for enthusiasts of all levels